When we first started paying attention to the Anthony Morrison programs (Advertising Profits from Home and Hidden Millionaires) we figured he was alone and just trying to get a few dollars. However after more research and really paying attention to what is going on it seems he is not alone.
In the Advertising Profits from Home infomercial we see Anthony Morrison talking to Donald Barrett which seems to be okay right and he seems to be the host of the infomercial, well its possible he may be the puppet master with Anthony Morrison being the puppet.
Donald Barrett seems to be the protege of Kevin Trudeau, they have been partners in some scams and have had a few problems.
Lets just look at Kevin Trudeau’s criminal history and legal proceedings (WikiPedia).
- 1990 – 91 Larceny and credit card fraud. He posed as a doctor to deposit 80 grand in false checks. Used credit cards of customers (that means your credit card) to charge over 122 grand He spent 2 years in federal prison
- 1996 – SEC goes after them for Nutrition for Life, Illinois sued for an illegal pyramid scheme, Michigan forbade them from operating in the state and a class action lawsuit from the stock holders of Nutrition for Life. 2 million dollars was awarded in the class action
- 1998 FTC fined Kevin Trudeau $500,000 because of false or misleading statements in infomercials
- 2004 FTC contempt of court and injunction against Shop America, Shop America Marketing Group and Trustar Global Media alleging that disease related claims for Coral Calcium Supreme were false. He of course violated the injunction
- 2005 Kevin Trudeau filed a complaint against the FTC due to a press release. Also filed a lawsuit against the New York Consumer Protection Board because they where sending letters to television stations trying to get the commercials pulled
- 2008 FTC filed a contempt of court against the companies that market “The Weight Loss Cure ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know About” alleging that Trudeau was in contempt of a 2004 court order by “deceptively claiming in his infomercials that the book being advertised establishes a weight-loss protocol that is ‘easy’ to follow.”
Well that covers Kevin Trudeau it seems lets look at Donald Barrett
- 2004 Barrett got a letter from the Food and Drug Administration warning him that Supreme Greens was being marketed as an unlicensed drug with false and misleading claims (sound familiar?)
- 2004 FTC filed a lawsuit alleging that Direct Marketing Concepts, ITV Direct and the president Donald W. Barret had deceptively marketed Supreme Greens and Coral Calcium Daily (wow sound familiar?). They claimed it could prevent, treat, and cure cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
- 2008 federal judge ruled that the two infomercials for Supreme Greens and Coral Calcium Daily was in fact deceptive and that the owners are liable for the restitution of $54 million dollars.
Those two sound like they are working hard at the same thing and selling the same products. Well guess what Anthony Morrison is using Donald Barrett for his infomercials that scares the hell out of me and it should you. Of course it seems the original scam artist for Coral Calcium was Robert Barefoot who is also an associate of Kevin Trudeau (see the Coral Calcium post). If you think your credit card is safe in the hands of these people you are mistaken. So when is the Coral Calcium commercial coming out for Anthony Morrison? Only time will tell.
UPDATE: We now have a product worth promoting, check out Niche Blitzkrieg as it will show you everything you need to know about setting up niche websites to make a constant income stream, To good to be true? I have been using it now for a while check out the review of Niche Blitzkrieg