Anthony Morrison, Donald Barrett, Kevin Trudeau and the Scam Crew

by admin on September 16, 2009

When we first started paying attention to the Anthony Morrison programs (Advertising Profits from Home and Hidden Millionaires) we figured he was alone and just trying to get a few dollars. However after more research and really paying attention to what is going on it seems he is not alone.

In the Advertising Profits from Home infomercial we see Anthony Morrison talking to Donald Barrett which seems to be okay right and he seems to be the host of the infomercial, well its possible he may be the puppet master with Anthony Morrison being the puppet.

Donald Barrett seems to be the protege of Kevin Trudeau, they have been partners in some scams and have had a few problems.

Lets just look at Kevin Trudeau’s criminal history and legal proceedings (WikiPedia).

• 1990 – 91 Larceny and credit card fraud. He posed as a doctor to deposit 80 grand in false checks. Used credit cards of customers (that means your credit card) to charge over 122 grand He spent 2 years in federal prison
  • 1996 – SEC goes after them for Nutrition for Life, Illinois sued for an illegal pyramid scheme, Michigan forbade them from operating in the state and a class action lawsuit from the stock holders of Nutrition for Life. 2 million dollars was awarded in the class action
  • 1998 FTC fined Kevin Trudeau $500,000 because of false or misleading statements in infomercials
  • 2004 FTC contempt of court and injunction against Shop America, Shop America Marketing Group and Trustar Global Media alleging that disease related claims for Coral Calcium Supreme were false. He of course violated the injunction
  • 2005 Kevin Trudeau filed a complaint against the FTC due to a press release. Also filed a lawsuit against the New York Consumer Protection Board because they where sending letters to television stations trying to get the commercials pulled
  • 2008 FTC filed a contempt of court against the companies that market “The Weight Loss Cure ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know About” alleging that Trudeau was in contempt of a 2004 court order by “deceptively claiming in his infomercials that the book being advertised establishes a weight-loss protocol that is ‘easy’ to follow.”

Well that covers Kevin Trudeau it seems lets look at Donald Barrett

• 2004 Barrett got a letter from the Food and Drug Administration warning him that Supreme Greens was being marketed as an unlicensed drug with false and misleading claims (sound familiar?)
  • 2004 FTC filed a lawsuit alleging that Direct Marketing Concepts, ITV Direct and the president Donald W. Barret had deceptively marketed Supreme Greens and Coral Calcium Daily (wow sound familiar?). They claimed it could prevent, treat, and cure cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
  • 2008 federal judge ruled that the two infomercials for Supreme Greens and Coral Calcium Daily was in fact deceptive and that the owners are liable for the restitution of $54 million dollars.

Those two sound like they are working hard at the same thing and selling the same products. Well guess what Anthony Morrison is using Donald Barrett for his infomercials that scares the hell out of me and it should you. Of course it seems the original scam artist for Coral Calcium was Robert Barefoot who is also an associate of Kevin Trudeau (see the Coral Calcium post). If you think your credit card is safe in the hands of these people you are mistaken. So when is the Coral Calcium commercial coming out for Anthony Morrison? Only time will tell.

UPDATE: We now have a product worth promoting, check out Niche Blitzkrieg as it will show you everything you need to know about setting up niche websites to make a constant income stream, To good to be true? I have been using it now for a while check out the review of Niche Blitzkrieg

{ 26 comments… read them below or add one }

Mark December 13, 2009 at 9:33 am

Hey guys, I saw the commercial for Anthony Morrison late last night and I must admit, he is good at what he does. But I must says, with the event of the computer and the various search engines, people should always check it out before giving them the money. The informercial feeds on people who want financial success, and the quickest way to get it, not realizing, anything worth having will require hard work and lots of sweat. I was impress the the book and what he was offering, but I am a skeptic too, so I went the internet and did my homework, and advise others to do the same. And, if you want to get rich quick, there is no simple or quick solution to getting rich quick. Just do it the old american way, study, and do your research, create a financial base for support and guidance, and go for it.

Chris January 5, 2010 at 2:57 am

The problem with using a search engine for these things is that most of what you get is people calling the person a scammer, usually based on nothing but hunches. It’s hard to find people who bought the product, gave it a fair try, and reported their results, good or bad.

Look at this article- it’s all guilt by association, based on who is hosting the show.

matt January 5, 2010 at 3:55 am

@Chris I have bought the product just to see what it was all about but if you had read the other posts you would understand that I have purchased it, and if you want me to try it great, what am I supposed to try the whole book is about where to find affiliate networks, what WordPress is, how to get increased commission payouts from your affiliate manager, what Pay Per Click advertising is but it offers you not one step on what to do next.

Its informative if you know nothing but it will not do anything that is said it is supposed to do. Also guilt by association is and always has been accepted (sometimes it’s not good but most of the time you are what you hang out with). Look back and what these people push in fact Kevin is still trying to push some of the crap he got in trouble for just doing it with his radio show because he was only banned from Television.

The scam is not the book, its not the training per say, its the other fun stuff, the hard sale, the charges that where not understood or agreed too, its the fact that you can’t cancel because no one answers a phone, there are other reasons.

The book is the gateway to you, they will call you and try to up-sell you and if you want them off the phone quick say you do not have any money..they will hang up instantly, will not even say good bye. The only way I got off the call list was pointing them to these posts and why I bought the book.

Now if you want the book I will gladly send it to you. Just email me your address. Here is the photo to prove that I bought it, if you look at the address on the box and the address on the “About” section you will see they match.

I will send you the book, the dvds, and everything that was sent to me, but only on one condition. You will write every single week about how “Advertising Profits From Home” is working for you. I will give you a login so you can write your weekly blog post.

Deal?

Darla April 8, 2010 at 3:03 am

I ordered the book,but after reading this,I called back and canceled my order.I need to make extra money,but I do not have money to give away without in coming in.

Intrigued April 11, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I’ll take you up on your offer…doesn’t seem like its a real deal, but i think it would be a great experiment at the very least. I’m college educated, rather intelligent, and love details…let’s give it a try!

matt April 16, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Drop me an email with your address and information so I can mail it out..might take me a few days to find everything so I can make sure you get it all.

Sharell Collins September 6, 2010 at 11:07 am

I would like to try it. I would be happy to read the book and then write about it. If it does not work for me, I will send it back to you and still write about it.

Jim nelson September 11, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Could you just send me scan of the first couple pages? I just want to see if it is a scam. Thank you,
Jim

Scott October 20, 2010 at 5:40 pm

I think I was robbed! How did your AM trial turn out?

cliff October 27, 2010 at 12:55 am

Ill take you up on your offer if you still have the book and dvds I am willing to try it.

Dawn December 28, 2010 at 5:54 am

I have not seen weekly posts from anyone so do you still have the order? I am a stay at home wife and could genuinely use a few extra bucks! Not looking to be rich but would sit down, read and implement the concepts and GLADLY send you weekly reports. I have included my email please contact me thank you! :)

Jennifer April 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I almost ordered Anthony Morrison’s book/dvd/website. I understood the concept of him making money because I make money. He does do a good job of convincing you that you are an asset to “his” company. I guess that’s true. He couldn’t be the success he is without your money! The thing that tipped me off about this being a scam was the feeling that something wasn’t right about how the call center operated. First, I was shocked that somebody who felt I was an investment, had an automated call center…no live person to answer questions, tell me about what to expect, or to say “congrats” for joining. The 2nd tip was that they asked for my credit card information first, even before my name. At least I knew which was more important to this “company”. The 3rd tip-off was all the negative posts on numerous websites. I was always taught that where there’s smoke, there’s fire! I’m thankful God allowed me to see this for what it is…a scam. It’s easy to believe in something like this, but nothing is EVER free!

Dan.S April 24, 2010 at 2:42 am

Dear Matt,
Does Niche really work? How does Niche work? I need more money in my pocket because I’m tired of my wife paying for everything after I’ve paid the rent and electric bill. I need extra cash because it hurts my pride a little to have ask my wife for money. We have separate accounts but just seems like she always has more money in the end. Please E-mail me, Sorry for the life story man!!!

Mickey August 10, 2010 at 10:49 am

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why are these people allowed to operate such scams and prey on the innocent. I don’t want to make money I want to save money. why should I have to go online and do background checks to see if the people in the commercial on TV are legit. I guess if I wanted to keep my $29.95 I should have. Green millionaire is a fraud and anyone who works for them is a fraud as well. I contacted the bank as soon as I saw the withdrawal and am hoping that they will be able to fix it. Worst case scenario they will block any futher withdrawals from my account. How do we stop these people?

Steve P August 12, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Don Barrett and his crew are at it again with the new Arthri D infomercial. Mike Alden ( whose real name is Mike Sciucco, ITV lawyer) is the interviewer…all about the autoship and hitting customer CC without authorization. Beware..another scam!

annonymous August 28, 2010 at 1:05 pm

He is and he is no longer associated with Mike Sciucco, he is actually throwing Mr. Scuicco under the bus (not that he is innocent) but my understanding is that Mr. Barrett has now opended a new company and is ramping up for another try at new products. Personally this man is ignorant and uneducated and to the best of my knowledge nothing but a 2 bit con artist.
You would think that if you were going to start a new infomercial company, you would let the dust settle first.. PLEASE LET ALL KNOW TO BEWARE…

John Gage July 29, 2011 at 5:55 am

One thing all of these guys have in common: A small penis. This insecurity of theirs has led them to ripping people off, bouncing off one scam to another. “Small Penis Syndrome” (SPS) can cause many people to do drastic things to fill the void of their insecurity…….These guys use scams, infomercials, etc. to fill that void. Maybe they got started in the Informercial business after they themselves, tried a “make your penis bigger overnight product”, which they purchased through an infomercial? SPS can be a terrible thing!

JD August 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm

well Chris ??
its so easy to tell I’ts bull crap to me it sound to good to be true we al l know about that. thanks Matt for taking time to help I for one is thankul.
JD

JB September 7, 2010 at 9:44 am

I work for a wellness company that has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and has been around for 25 years. It is a home based business with a very low entry cost, $29 and the chance to make significant income. Please email me at rebecaclar@gmail.com and I will make an appointment with you to share more information with you.

Jim nelson September 11, 2010 at 5:24 pm

JB,
You are just ANOTHER scam artist trying to infiltrate this discussion of scam artists as a ‘cover’. That is really PATHETIC!!

Anton Bubolz September 11, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Hey I just wanted to add that just because some of these guys were convicted for false advertising by the FTC doesn’t mean that they’re bad people. The FTC is constantly scoping people out that may jeopardize their profits and that organization has contradicted itself numerous times. Plus it allows all kinds of products through their system like medications and foods that are also falsely advertised, or get recalled. So just because the FTC sues somebody, doesn’t mean they’re always right. And I’d give people a chance to prove themselves before jumping to any allegations.

James Murray September 25, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I too almost bought into Morrison’s program but when he said the web site was for free and then he charges $40 mth… that’s a scam. Don’t walk… I once learned…. Run, buddy run.

FIGHT DOGG March 31, 2011 at 2:26 pm

KT is legit. Just b/c big bizness hasn’t found a way to profit from some of his natural cures doesn’t mean that he’s a scam artist. The FTC and CDC (Center For Disease Control) are beholden to Big Pharma and anyone who has studied Alternative Medicine will confirm the difficulty one has trying to get a treatment regimen not ordained by these bodies. Do you know it is illegal to provide treatment for Cancer in California outside of radical surgery, Chemotherapy or Radiation treatment? Why is that? I thought the object was to save lives by any means necessary. But no, Pharma and traditional medicine, which I have nothing against, must get a cut of everything. BS! I write this as I am doing both chemo and natural protocols to detox myself and eradicate this Multiple Myeloma from my body. Caught a late night infomercial and said let me research this guy and that’s how I got to this blog. I know there are plenty of Alternative Med scammers, but I’ve been into natural cures for 20 years. The Ying and Yang between the 2 has not yet been fulfilled. Everyone wants to be right rather than correct. Obviously there are things that both sides can teach the other. My Doctors know nothing about nutrition, my alt Doctors know nothing about up to the minute Science. I wish the two would just squash their egos and learn to coexist. So yes Kevin is outside the norm, but what he’s talking about is real and FTC fines are a battle ribbon to me, and he openly talks about what they don’t want him to talk about! Cheers.

Rosemary October 19, 2011 at 2:42 am

Regarding KT…He is not a Doctor, no Medical education, license or certificate that states he is of any authority on anything he sells. It is true majority of doctors do not single out nutritional healing, however, we do have Registered Dieticians or Dietary Techs. I have studied nutrition for years and I rather go the herbal/nutritional route, but all “natural” supplements must be investigated and not just take someone’s word. It is best to check studies, speak with doctors that do invest in nutrition before believing these infomercials. Like it has been said, if it sounds too go to be true, you know it is….check out DrOz.com…there are websites of independant researchers that do just that…research supplements the FDA have not.

Julius December 6, 2011 at 9:28 am

It’s refreshing to see someone who is not just discrediting people and throwing around the scam tag, but is willing to back up what they say. Maybe some of these guru’s should be willing to do the same. How about if you guarantee my success, instead of asking me for these sometimes huge investments up front, you partner with me by deduct the investment from my profits. Think they’ll go for that? Of course not. Thanks Matt for you post. Keep up the good work.

Diana in Clearwater January 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

I ordered the book, read the book. Somehow, not sure when, I was on the team that was charging me a fee each month. When I phoned customer service after 2 charges went through my credit card for two consecutive months. The woman on the other end was sorry to here and very nice. I told her I was out of work and could not afford this at this time. The promptly refunded both charges. Since then I have received a few calls and lots of mail from them encouraging me to continue. I am attending a local Anthony Morrison seminar today. I will post afterwards to let you know what I feel they have to offer or if it is infact a scam. Also, last night I received a call for an upsell on the seminar. Preferred seating and AM new book. Hummm? Well lets see.

Previous post: